Pages

Monday, November 5, 2012

I Found the Answer . . .

OK, let me rephrase: "I believe that I found one of the answers". One question that I have been grappling with over at least the past 18 months is why my experience of God's involvement in our lives has changed so dramatically since round about August 2010?

What was the key to a tipping point that suddenly resulted in so many impossibilities to become possible. If for example you had told me during March of this year that our family will be leaving in May to live in Bulgaria for 3 months, I would have said that it is impossible, but that was made possible in a very short space of time. Now we are in the process of relocating to the farm, something I never dreamed of being possible (at least not before I've reached retirement age), but it is busy happening.

I'm not going to try to list the countless other instance where God just came through in a BIG way, but I rather want to focus on the why? It is not something I haven't heard before watching this video  clip, but it had a lot to do with the penny finally dropping for me.

Did you catch the phrase: " . . . being in the center of God's will for our lives . . .", If not, please watch it again.

You see that even though I have been a fairly "committed" and "active" Christian during my entire adult life I was never discipled to put my life in the center of God's will. My approach was rather to try and put God in the center of my will.What do a I mean by that?  Well, we would make our own plans (all very good and noble) and then ask God to bless them. Off course this is very much in line with lots of teachings telling us that God wants the best for his children, he wants to bless us and make us prosperous, etc, etc

I believe that is what started to change in August 2010. We started to be more sensitive to what God's plans were for our lives and then only by lots of grace we had the courage to take the first little baby steps to play our roll in His plan . . . and then the impossible started to become possible.

I so want to encourage you to go on this journey with God.  It is an experience unparallelled to anything this world can offer! To Him be all the glory!

 Here is the a bit more about the Vant Hul family's story (really worth while to watch)!

No comments:

Post a Comment